Director & English Tutor (Private English Tutors in Sydney)
Rebecca Zhou has been an HSC English literature tutor for over 10 years at both tuition colleges, and in a 1-1 capacity. In that time she has written numerous teaching resources including theory books and essay writing guides on prescribed texts on the NSW English curriculum for leading tuition colleges.
She is the author of all the articles and HSC text guides on the Sleight of Pen website. When she is not tutoring and writing for Sleight of Pen, Rebecca works towards her doctoral degree in global literary studies at the University of New South Wales, and assists with the research projects of prominent scholars in her field. Early this year she started Sleight of Pen in response to a demand for private English tutoring from experienced educators who were not only knowledgeable about their subject, but also young enough to speak the students’ language. You can request to see official records of her qualifications and professional experience here.
- NSW Distinguished Achiever for HSC Advanced English (HSC mark: 96/100)
- Writer and editor of textbooks for leading private tuition centres and academic coaching colleges. Rebecca has written teaching material on Metropolis/1984, The Prince/Julius Caesar, Mrs Dalloway/The Hours, Area of Study: Discovery, The Art of Travel, and more.
- University of New South Wales: Doctoral Degree Candidate in Global Literary Studies (2016 – present)
- University of Sydney: Master of Creative Writing (composition) and English Literature (research) – completed with Distinction
- University of New South Wales: Research Assistant in the School of Humanities and Languages.
- 10 years of experience teaching/tutoring students in English Literature at Matrix Education and in a private, 1-1 capacity.
To make an inquiry about private English tutoring with Rebecca, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with some basic details about yourself, and a list of texts you’re currently studying.
Sleight of Pen Sydney is staffed only by distinguished achievers and passionate mentors, carefully selected to ensure that our students are guided by the sharpest and most compassionate minds out there. Our tutors have been inspirational role models, successfully guiding students through the challenges of preliminary HSC and HSC English. (They are also available to tutor students from years 7 – 10. Get in touch for more details.)
You can read more about the English tutors at Sleight of Pen below:
(Private English Tutor Sydney- HSC Advanced English and Extension Engli
English Tutor | Yuanze Xu Private English Tutor Sydney- HSC Advanced English and Extension English)
Bachelor of Arts (English Literature) at the University of Sydney
Distinguished Achiever in Advanced English (HSC mark: 96/100)
Excellence in English Extension 1 (HSC mark: 49/50)
NSW Premier’s HSC All-Round Excellence Award
English Tutor | Ben Hilton (Private English Tutors Sydney – HSC creative writing)
Published writer of fiction and non-fiction
Masters of Teaching (University of Sydney)
Masters of Creative Writing (University of Technology, Sydney)
Tutor in university-level essay writing at UTS HELPS
State Rank in English Extension 2 (6th in New South Wales with 50/50)
Distinguished Achiever in Advanced English (HSC mark: 94/100)
Distinguished Achiever in Extension English 1 (HSC mark: 49/50)
Distinction Average in her Bachelor of International and Global Studies (University of Sydney) degree, with high distinctions in French.
ATAR of 99.70 ATAR
- Get in touch about sessions with any of the English tutors at Sleight of Pen by leaving your name, contact number/email, and a list of prescribed texts you’re studying at school.
- Please note that the team at Sleight of Pen is made up of private tutors. We are not teachers affiliated with the Department of Education.